- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application (updated April 3, 2017)
(This form is used for Zoning Permit Application, Demolition Permit Application, and Shoreland Alteration Permit Application)
- Vilas County Online Mapping Portal
- Diggers Hotline Click here or call 811 or 1-800-242-8511 for more information or to request a location.
The updated Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance became effective on February 1, 2017. You can view it under the "Ordinances" section or by clicking below.
Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance (effective February 1, 2017)
Focus on Energy has a number of programs and incentives for homeowners and business to help conserve energy. Check out our "Solid Waste and Recycling" tab or click on the links below for more information.
Please visit the Vilas County Zoning Office for a more in-depth listing of services
- Conditional Use Permits
- Erosion Control & Mitigation Permits
- Investigation of Zoning Violations
- Non-Metalic Mining Permits
- POWTS Inspections
- Review & Approval of Sanitary Permits and Soil Tests
- Rezoning Petitions
- Sale of Ordinance Books
- Septic Maintenance Program
- Shoreland Alteration
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Subdivision and Condo Plat Approvals
- WI Fund Program
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Zoning Permits & Inspections
Permits are available at the Vilas County Courthouse or by mail.
Vilas County Courthouse
330 Court St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vilas County Zoning & Planning is closed on Holidays.
Due to construction, the public entrance to the courthouse has been moved to door #2, located between the original courthouse building and the dark brick Annex, facing Court St. An ADA compliant entrance is located at the Justice Center Main Entrance facing N. Birch St. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact us at: (715) 479-3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any general questions, comments or concerns. If you have questions regarding specific properties, please contace the Deputy Zoning Administrator for that town at the addresses below.
Seven staff members serve the Zoning and Sanitary needs of Vilas County residents. If you have questions pertaining to a property or issue in a particular town, please contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator under whose name the town is listed.
Lac du Flambeau
Jane Van Wormer